Speaking spanish is not the simplest task but it is a rewarding and fun experience.
Here is your first spanish lesson.
Basic sentences & vocabulary
- Hello! How are you?
- Hola! Como estas?
- How much does "X" coast?
- Cuanto cuesta "X"?
- How can I get to "X place"?
- Como llego hasta "X place"? (place means lugar)
- What time is it?
- Que hora es?
- Por favor
- Thank you (very much)
- (Muchas) gracias
- Excuse me
- Permiso or Disculpe, when passing or entering a place
- Lo siento or Perdon, when saying "I'm sorry".
* Vocals have only one sound (always the same for each one), except for the "U", that is not pronunciated in the following cases: que qui gue gui.
Apart from that, is always "A" like in father, "E" like in better, "I" like in machine, "O" like in more, "U" like in put.
* "G" sounds soft in ga gue gui go gu, and hard in ge gi.
* "J" sound always like the hard "G".
* "H" is never pronounced.
* "C" sounds like K in ca co cu and like S in ce ci.
* There's a "special" letter, the "n", that sounds like like a strong ni.
* "LL" and "Y" sound like an "I"
* "R" is hard when is the first letter of the word or when doubled (perro, dog), and soft in all other case.
Travel to Argentina with AR Tourism and our premier travel partners. We provide your with quality information prior to the trip, and make sure you have the best experience on the trip. > Travel Argentina